Thursday, March 21, 2019

Straightening up

     I had no big plans for National Quilting Day and I was coming off the worse head cold. I looked at the sewing studio and was overwhelmed. Over two hours later, it looked a lot better and I could get a handle on starting something to sew.
Yes, I have a lot of machines out. They all do something different and the treadle is just fun to use.
Much easier to see and work
      On the other side of the room, in front of the window, my new cactus plant is blooming. I got it for my birthday from the grandkids and it is a different kind of cactus from my Christmas ones. The blooms are a different shape. Love the precious pink colors. I bet Wanda would love these. Home Depot.



 

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is an Easter cactus. I actually have 2 but they haven't bloomed since I got them 2 years ago. They are a much fussier plant than the Christmas cactus and I have had one drop all of its "leaves" in about 30 seconds while I watched. I love the different flower that they have. One of mine is a deep pink and I don't even remember what the other one was.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I need to straighten up my sewing room. It's scary!

Quiltdivajulie said...

So you shipped that head cold to me - thanks (not). I think I picked mine up from our younger son. Cleaning up the studio always feels good ....