Thursday, December 13, 2018

Slow finishings

     Due to a sudden knee pain attack out of nowhere, I have slowed moving down to a crawl. Lots of ice. Finally have a doctor appointment tomorrow at 7 am. Sharp pain has hobbled my ability to concentrate and focus. 
     I finished my son in law's pillow, 18", made from fabric he picked out this summer when I bought all the flannel pillowcase fabrics for Christmas presents. I FMQ it with some Kona white backing and batting to give the cover dimension. I made an overlapped back so the cover could be washed. I used a pillowform from Joann's to stuff it. I decided to do the quilting by circling the words in a graffiti type stitch, not trying to make it all even. I like the way the quilting turned out. For his man cave.

      I was able to make and get the binding on the Disappearing Hourglass quilt. I used some leftover Marcia Derse fabric that I love.

Backing


5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hope the knee gets better quickly. I like the quilt.

Debbie said...

Love the pillow and the quilt finish. But the knee? Oh boy, I sure hope it is not a major thing and hope it can be taken care of soon. Saying prayers for healing.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the pillow fabric - but not the news about the knee - as you can imagine I sympathise! Good luck with the doctor appointment, let us know the verdict please. One good thing is that you have the binding on Disappearing Hourglass.

The Joyful Quilter said...

PERFECT pillow for a Man Cave!! Hope your knee feels better soon. Cortisone shot, perhaps? Your Disappearing Hourglass quilt is lovely! That pattern is on my list of quilts to make... some day.

Quiltdivajulie said...

SO sorry to hear about the knee -- best wishes for a good doctor visit with useful information and treatment plan.