So, today I had to grab myself by the collar and push myself to solve a problem that I had created. Although my mother does not quilt, she can sew straight(ish) seams. She is always asking me to give her something to sew because she is bored. Takes me as long to prep it as it takes her to push it through the machine. I had given her the pieces for MSQC's Katie's Quilt to sew and now I was faced with sewing the connecting blocks, trimming and the flip-and-sew black triangles. I made the quilt once (gave it away-comfort quilt) and found I had enough 5" squares to do another. I forced myself to sew and when I put it on the wall, I hated it like I did before because it seems truncated.
|Excuse the poor photo, the sun actually came out today and through the window.|
Hmm, much better. So I found the original white on white, Accucut some more black triangles, did some math and added a pointed border all around.
Oh, much better. Even though the fabric and design aren't my favs, I used some of my skills to persevere, change it up, and make it better. I could have (wanted to) bailed earlier, but that is what process and product can do when they work in harmony. Now I have to find a color border to go all around, I am thinking about a 6" one.