I just returned from the International Quilt Festival in Houston on Sunday and the weekend before I attended our fall quilt retreat. I think I am untangling all my stuff from all of that. Normally I would not do so much, but they fell close together and I still think about the Feb. 7th heart attack and how close I was to going nowhere around here, so I went.
At the retreat, I was able to finish the top, Basket Case. Although
simple pieces, it was tricky to put together and I had to pay attention
to the diagram for every block. I was going to make it a row longer, but
there were only 40 strips in the jelly roll. The pinked edges of the
strips drove me mad to keep consistent and a couple of them were not cut
even. I dearly wanted the top done to bring home, so it is a square,
not rectangle. It is 60 x 60. Maybe I can add a white 3" border all
around yet so it is ok for a comfort quilt.
The other quilt I have made before, Diagonal Variations. It has 2 strip
sets sewn, one white-color-white and the other color-white-color. They
are put right sides facing each other, sewn in a tube, then cut with a
45 degree triangle. Lots of squaring up before the blocks are sewn. I
had all the blocks numbered in order and had to just sew the blocks
together for the retreat. I also made seven flannel pillowcases (can't
show them yet) for Christmas gifts.
I can't resist multiple glamor shots while the weather was for one day sunny and dry.