Thursday, November 15, 2018

How do you describe it?

     It is overwhelming- the International Quilt Festival in Houston. My friend, Elizabeth, and I flew down and stayed for 4 days. I had been to the show 4 years ago, but I was suffering then from chronic migraines, which I am cured from now. This time I had a plan and pre-decided what to see when and how and not just wander up and down every aisle like Pac Man. The multiple quilt shows (about 25) in one area are just breathtaking. I took lots of photos, but am still processing them in my head. 
     Quilting is real work done by a huge variety of people. It is legitimate work, not a hobby. 
     Today, I will show ones I call FUN! Sometimes it just gets too serious and technically over the top at the show. Here are some for inspiration that will hopefully make you smile.

Thank you! Pieced not fused.
Unbelievable amount of work, ideas, and flawless execution


Hard to see, but look at the quilting. Too much fun.
My favorite by Timna Tarr- just marvelously pieced. She nailed the values, spot on.


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for the mini-quilt show. I haven't been to the Houston show for over 20 years but I can still relive it in my memory. I know there are always a lot of wonderful quilts at that show that show great creativity and beautiful work.

Barb said...

Thank you for sharing these! I love that your photos are different from most I've seen.
The variety of the show seems amazing.
I am definitely planning to go next year.
where did you stay?

Quiltdivajulie said...

These quilts are great - I especially like the last one. (Looks like me when my grandpa held up a fish he helped me catch).