I finally finished Kevin's mystery quilt, Sapphire Stars. I made some changes to the original. I did not use the gray lattice, but opted for light blue. I changed the border so the piano keys ran all the way across and top to bottom. I was surprised how large it was.
I waited for a sunny day (Friday) and hauled my photo stand outdoors and set the quilt up. First, the bar had to go so high, it got tangled in the oak tree. Next, the breeze came up and knocked it over in different directions. I am sure the worker guys finishing up my husband's garage addition were laughing it up inside the garage. Hope they did not video it and put it on youtube.
Parts of the quilt were challenging, especially the yellow and blue triangles that had the blue strip in it. I think I would make them solid next time so the star where the blocks meet would be more prominent. I am so glad I finished. Thanks, Kevin for the experience!