I folded them in half, cut on the fold, and reassembled them in 4 patches placing the skinny long piece at the centers. I was able to get four of them. I cut some white for the back, and sewed all the pockets, turned them inside out, and pinned them on the bags.
I sew these on the potted motor Singer 15 as it is heavy duty and just powers through the straps on the bag. It is hard to maneuver the bag under the foot, so it is slow going. I did four bags so the next comfort quilt packages will be easier to finish.
I was pleased with myself to figure out these pockets quickly and attractively. Once in a while, inspiration strikes, otherwise it is all perspiration.
|The rectangle scrap blocks from somebody's project|
|Cut in half rectangle blocks|
|Pockets with backing, the bag with logo to be covered |
and pocket attached
|Three bags done|
|The whole package, Maybe quilt, book, card, pocket quilt. It gets put in an XL Ziploc bag with handle.|