Thursday, December 3, 2015

Quilt retreat progress

      The usual weekend after Thanksgiving quilt retreat almost derailed because 2 weeks ago, the venue doubled its rates even though we had scheduled 6 months ago. One of the woman in the group found a closed church convent and it was very reasonable. It had a serviceable kitchen and we brought our own food. The twins set up the food ideas- like make your own pizza from premade Naan bread, premade soups, deli platter meats and cheeses, breakfast breads, hardboiled eggs and lots of desserts. There was a separate room where we could eat and eat whenever we took a break from what we were working on. What is better? And for so cheap, I can do it soon again. ($50 for the first night, 30 for the next and the cost of our food) I can easily put up with a spartan 60s facility that was clean, but bare bones if I can sew unrestricted and have my own bed. No one tripped any circuits.
     I sewed together the one block wonder, but am saving it for another post. I worked on the mothballed Sea Urchin and did the right half of the outside border blocks, sewed another Tuckaway Tote, and made a group project- a portable ironing board with pocket for 24" rulers made from an empty fabric bolt. If only I could sew like this regularly, I might be able to finish all the ideas in my head.
All folds into the orange pocket 

Untrimmed blocks

No comments: