Thursday, December 3, 2015

One block wonder sans borders

     At the retreat, all the rows were sewn together. I highly recommend webbing the pieces like I did from the columns as I did not mix one thing up. I did not use pins. I stopped at every intersection, matched up and nested, held it down with my Purple Thang (can't live without it) and sewed through. Slow, but accurate. You really need to press all the seams open- tedious, but the intersections lay real nice after sewing down. I tried the same fabric as a border with a light green I had, but doesn't do much. My LQS is going out of business, so today I bought some brighter green and a Kaffe print that may work. The light was too crummy today to  tell if it will work.
With the original fabric yardage and light green
All sewn
With Kaffe print and brighter green


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the Kaffe print and brighter green look good.

Missy Shay said...

I love it and the green is the perfect touch!