Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Inching along progress on OBW

     Even though the One Block Wonder uses just one fabric, the detail and sewing, pressing, etc make slow progress. I am not complaining- it is just that kind of quilt. I do enjoy it, but I take my time as this is not the thing you want to rip out seams.
     After I took it off the wall in columns that I numbered with painters tape at the top and bottom, I took the piles and sewed them together, 1 to 2, 2 to 3, all the the way to 9. As a result I had a web of all the rows so I would not be able to mix them up. The web on the wall looked like some fabric installation in a funky gallery. 
     Then I had to press all the seams open as six will meet in one spot. That was slow. I started to sew the rows slowly. I do not pin, I go from one intersection to the other, meeting up the seams and using the Purple Thang to hold the layers together under the needle and foot, one intersection at a time. The last photo is a teaser of how the quilt will look. 
     Since it will be Thanksgiving and I have to cook and prep, I think this will sit undone for a while. I don't want to rush it and have to rip. Everything is lining up so nice now.
Blocks stacked by column
Being sewn, column by column


Webbed blocks on the wall
Teaser, some rows sewn, not pressed yet


No comments: