Monday, August 17, 2015

Back to sewing

    Last week was our annual family vacation in the ADK, around Old Forge, NY. We have been going there for a week for about 20 years. Now, my kids are grown and married but still come. My grandkids, 3 and 5, came with all my husband's siblings and their families. We canoe, hike, eat, shop, and get real tired. Internet and cell phone coverage are rather spotty. I could keep up with email and reading blogs, but that is about all. 
Part of family paddling the Moose River
My all time favorite- the water lily.
Very small and sparse this year.

   I took my Featherweight and cut bags of projects to sew and put together. Two projects were all done except for borders when I got home. Some other chain piece projects had progress made on them also.
This one was made from blocks given to me.
I added sashings and border.
An exploding square quilt, black and white with kid's prints. Yellow polka dot border to make it big enough.

No comments: