Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Lots of sliding color strips!

     I have made a similar quilt (the rainbow one a few days back). I cut the batiks this time and the white was left intact as the strips were placed. I used 2 1/2" strips of batiks WOF and 2 1/2" strips of white, half of WOF. They were sewn into tubes- that is the batik to the white on both short ends. Then I laid them on the floor (getting too old for the floor), and arranged the colors. Satisfied with the color strip arrangement, I cut the colors to stagger the whites and have different lengths of batiks at the top and bottom.  When all were cut, I used blue painters tape and numbered each strip from left to right. I put the number 2 strip face down on the number one and pinned the right edge. Every pair was pinned the same way. Now all the strips are in an envelope and I will see if my mom will sew the long edges. She is having some eye surgery next week, so I may have to wait. I have plenty of other quilts to sew. I took the photos at night and the colors are a bit tough to see, but I needed to get those strips off the floor before Tugger the terrible cat rearranged them.
Fabric tubes
Cutting and laying out
All laid out, ready for numbers and pins

No comments: