Thursday, February 1, 2024

Confetti Time

     This a wonderful pattern from Wilmington Prints, although I can't find it online at the moment, called Confetti. It used one 40 strip jelly roll and one 40 strip blues jelly roll (I cut different blues to make mine). It took time to arrange the strip sets in colors that would value grade and move the eye.

I tried a bunch of strip set layouts, did not like a couple of the strips, especially the two toothy looking ones.
Looked through my batiks to see what I could substitute

Settled on this layout and strips


Sewing pairs, then pairs to pairs careful to alternate starting to stitch from top, then from bottom to avoid those nasty bowing strips


Cutting the subsets of strips

Now, I am going to put a blue strip border all around because I  don't want all those seams in the binding. And take off the numbers.

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your groupings of colors worked out really well. It is going to be a beautiful quilt.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my—gorgeous!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful! Good luck with the next steps.

Gene Black said...

This is quite lovely. I found the pattern online at https://ohiostarquilts.com/products/confetti-throw-quilt-pattern-by-wilmington-prints

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is really pretty - it reminds me of the sun going down behind mountains!

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow - stunning colour and design Linda.

Cathy said...

Oooo-la-la. Oh joy! Love it!