Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Another one found its home

      A little while back, Quiltdiva Julie sent me some tops to finish as comfort quilts. As soon as one gets finished, a request comes in.

A great combo

This past weekend was no exception. I finished Blithe, a man from my cardiac rehab group, who had a heart transplant 12 years ago, received a kidney last week at the Cleveland Clinic. They let him come home to Buffalo for the weekend, and then he had to go back on Monday.
     I had just finished quilting Blithe and binding it. I quickly scrambled to make a bag, card and wash the quilt so I could deliver it to him Saturday morning. I had to move so quick that I did not get get a shot of the bag with quilt block pocket or the quilt package. I thought I had, but no. It has been a crazy two weeks because we got a new roof and they were here for 2 weeks hammering, etc. and flattening my garden. I also had a tooth pulled that was just filled and it got infected, so I have been barely under the radar.


     I quilted it in the same pattern on the solid blues, but a different pattern in each row of light values. Julie provided the wonderful back. 

     Ron certainly looked terrible when I dropped the quilt off and I am praying the kidney will kick in and do what we mostly take for granted every day.





    Thanks to Julie, I was ready for this call.
     And I realized after unloading a lot of photos, that I had a huge smear on the lens which is why the photos look odd in the lower right.

8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am SO glad that I sent this top/back to you and that it has now, as a finished quilt, found its forever home. Beautiful quilting, too.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's beautiful! The quilting on your comfort quilts make them SO special - ;))

Gene Black said...

You did a wonderful thing! I am happy that he got a kidney. I hope that I never need to do that. I am not a candidate to donate a kidney due to diabetes and having cysts on my kidneys. But it keeps me very aware of what a big issue it can be.
I am praying that he will be a successful transplant story and that he will enjoy the quilt for a very long time.

Vicki W said...

You do such wonderful things for people! I hope that Ron starts improving soon. Dental problems are horrible, I'm surprised you got anything done!

Joyce Carter said...

It's beautiful Linda. I really hope the man does well and gets to use it for a very long time. My favorite brother-in-law just passed away because his kidneys shut down.
Sorry to hear you have been having some problems. Hopefully everything will be good for you now. Take care!

Mystic Quilter said...

So happy to read that you ere able to finish up and deliver this quilt!
Neat to see all the different blues used by Julie and that backing is glorious.

O'Quilts said...

Great quilt, great gift, great you xoxo

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I hope the infection is gone now. Sorry about the tooth. Glad you had the quilt ready for him.