Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Violet comes home

      My new granddaughter, Violet, made her appearance on Nov. 14th via a very speedy labor that offered her mom no opportunity for any pain meds. We were called as we were walking into church, had to retreat, pack and drive 2 hours to Erie, PA where we picked up our 3 yr. old grandson who was being watched by a friend, and took him home another 35 minutes. In the snow. The rest of the family arrived home the next afternoon. My husband had to go back home, but I stayed for the rest of the week. There is something magical and miracle laden about newborns. So grateful I got another chance to hold and care for this one.

     Because my daughter asked me to make curtains (lined) for her room (I am techically challenged except for quilts), I sweated through the measurements and finishing as well as making a tabbed blockout panel and did not have time to finish the custom quilt I was making the baby. At my quilt retreat, a friend gave me a partly done top and fabric that was pink so I completed the quilt, made a backing, spray basted it, and quilted it on my 301 while I was at my daughter's. Been a while I quilted not on the longarm. Masterpiece Lavender top, and DecoBob Dove Gray bobbin.
     I will finish the custom one with the birds and butterflies. Of course, just like home, the cat appeared as soon as the quilt hit the floor to photograph.




9 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Welcome home Violet!! And, congrats to you Linda...a lovely baby to cuddle. You are right, a new baby is such magic!! xoxo

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations, Grandma! Such a sweetie - and a lovely quilt just for her - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like she was in a hurry to be born. I bet big brother is happy she is here now and happy that you stayed for a week.

Joyce Carter said...

Ooooh Linda. She is so adorable and I want to tweak those cheeks. Congratulations! There is nothing like a grandchild. I know you will have lots of fun with her. I love her name and I hope Mom is doing well. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!

Pat McDonald said...

Congratulations, she is so cute. Enjoy her and her big brother, they grow up so fast.
Love, Pat

Gene Black said...

To me, there is nothing more peaceful and joyful than holding a baby.
I am thankful for all the babies I have held. AND I am thankful that you got to hold this one. I know she will be special to you.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful little one - how marvelous that you had a chance to be part of her earliest days! The pink quilt is so sweet - nice quilting BTW. Congratulations to all!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh Congratulations!!! She is SO sweet!!
and so wonderful that you got to be there !!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh congratulations on your new grand-daughter Violet, she has a beautiful name and she looks to be a little treasure. Beautiful quilt, the black cat goes very nicely with the pink and cream!!! I'm so pleased to r=see you back posting, I was worried!