Friday, November 26, 2021

Reflect on fall

      Today is the day after Thanksgiving. Yesterday was a blur of cooking and cleanup. In the past, I was out the door very early at Black Friday sales chasing down fabric bargains. This year, there does not seem to be those in person sales. The few local fabric stores here are selling online and shipping or curb pickup next week. Most of the joy in fabric shopping is doing it with real people and feeling fabric. I have looked at some fabric online, but no big bargains for the day. I miss shopping with friends, seeing other people's ideas in the stores, and discusssing ideas for fabrics. I am not a loner and although I work alone alot, I am not ashamed to say I need other people, real, not just virtual.
      To cheer myself up, I looked back over the photos I took this fall outdoors. I still have some snapdragons inside in a vase that I saved when I emptied my pots this week. Maybe I should pull out my paints and work up some magic on paper.

My lacey Japanese Maple

My ginko and other Japanese Maple

My Endless Summer hydrangea

My Sunset Maple

Landscape from Saegertown, PA

Across the street at my son's house- Sunset maple, Tulip trees

My Mum

One of the last Zinnias
And lastly, the last hydrangea flower which resembled a heart- very encouraging to me!

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful flowers! They cheered me up, too - especially the last one - the heart-shaped hydrangea! Please dig out your paints - I'm looking forward to seeing more of your magic - ;))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love seeing the big beautiful mums. My neighbor (moved a long time ago) used to have mums on 2 sides of his house. He gave me a couple of them but I couldn't keep them alive.

O'Quilts said...

great pix...yes...yes...pull out your paints...you do such a good job.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such wonderful Autumn colour and your garden flowers, I guess they will soon be hiding away for Winter. We have been in the same situation as yourself with regard to shopping but come this Friday we move into a different Covid Management setting - otherwise known as the Traffic Light System. Quite complex really so I won't take up space here in this comment, but we do now , if fully vaccinated, have Vaccine Passes which means we have many more choices than those who won't vaccinate.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Such beautiful fall color. I am going to be planting a maple that is orangy like yours. I have to research whether it will fit my small space.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What Beautiful color!
and right? It seems everyone want to go online - and I like that to a point. but then - you just need to go with friends and touch the fabric and plan and dream......