Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Late Summer bold and beautiful blooms

     I love the late blooms of Summer. The colors are so bold and bright. I found a great sunflower stand on my daughter's street in PA. We visited a sunflower farm near me and my garden has some fun flowers. I grew the zinnias, Mexican torch sunflower, four o'clocks, and nasturtiums from seeds I bought from Select Seed.

Sunflower group at the corner of my daughter's street in Saegertown, PA


Variegated nasturiums
Buying a whole raft of these next year
Snapdragons and pink coreopsis
4 o'clocks
Zinnias
Petite zinnias

Small section of the sunflower farm

The farm had many mixed varieties to view and a whole other huge field to cut

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful fields of summer fun flowers! We still have some zinnias blooms too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can't even imagine the beauty of a sunflower farm, yellow going on and on. I didn't know there was pink coreopsis. I have a hard time keeping the yellow varieties growing from year to year. I think they reseed rather than being a perennial root but I may need to do some research.

Quiltdivajulie said...

There is a huge sunflower farm at the Agricenter here - amazing to drive by and see the huge field of sunflowers (and even more amazing to walk amongst them). Love your zinnias - we tried growing a variety from seed two years ago with an epic fail. Will try again with a different variety next year.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Just beautiful! and the color combinations - don't they just inspire you?

Barb said...

beautiful blooms!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely flowers.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a wonderful post Linda!! Our weather is slowly warming up now and I have a few packet of seeds ready to sow - zinnias, cosmos, hollyhocks and poppies amongst others. I've never grown sunflowers, perhaps I should try them.

Julie said...

Is the purple a lisianthus? Gorgeous! I had them some years ago, but had completely forgotten how lovely they were. Beautiful excursion you must have shared, and a wonderful memory you made for when the snow falls around us.