Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Thank God for flowers!

     Spring took a long time to get to Buffalo, NY. There was snow in May. Finally, the tulips arrived and because it was cooler, they hung around a long time. The rain and heat later did the tree peonies in too quickly. 






     When I go outside and visit the flowers, I am in awe of the colors, textures, shades of greens and shapes. I marvel how they are all different and all beautiful (except those no good wild chives that threaten the perennials and garden). 




      I finished potting all the annuals in containers and they are taking off. The rest of the perennials need to be dug in, and hopefully I will get that done in the next couple of days. (I did). The smell of the ground, the plants, and the weather are so incredibly life giving to me at this time. I am so grateful for the flowers in my little plot of the universe.

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I agree, the bursting forth of greenery and the riot of color in the flowers was so needed this year. Our spring was a little late too but now early summer adds more blooms every day.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I have a brown thumb, so I enjoy everyone else's flowers.

Debbie said...

Your plot in the universe is beautiful! I know what you mean about enjoying the burst of colors....our spring was great. Heat has arrived now.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those colors are incredible! and the flowers - they always make me happy!

Kathy S. said...

Oh, Linda! Your flowers are just gorgeous! Such a happy, happy place! I can almost smell them from here!

Mystic Quilter said...

I am green with envy Linda!! Your tulips are breath-takings, never have I seen such a colourful display anywhere. Your tree peonies are so beautiful and although I can't grow the ordinary peonies here with the humidity I'm wondering if I might try the tree variety and have better luck!

Sally Langston Warren said...

Your flowers are beautiful! I always marvel at the colors God puts together. His work is a great source of inspiration for me when debating colors to use in a quilt or even in a room. Who says pink and yellow don’t go together?!