Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Indigo makes me happy

     Years ago, I bought a 10" Moda pack with Shibori fabric and sewed them all into HSTs. One quilt was made and given away long ago. 

     I finally finished the second one and quilted it. For the backing, I used indigo fabric I dyed over a year ago as an experiment in dyeing. It was not as dark as I wanted it, and I put together all the half yards for the backing. I love the backing and the front. Indigo is tough to dye, and although I love it, I don't think I am capable of dyeing my own.
Before quilting
Quilted, inside shot

Quilted, outside shot

Quilted back, inside shot
Back quilted, outside

     I just found Moda has made a new bundle of Indigo which I immediately bought on sale from Green Fairy. I am glad I jumped on it, because they are already out of stock. I love indigo!

9 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY nice!! I like the off-center star - and the backing is as interesting as the front - thanks for sharing - ;))

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW gorgeous, Linda!!! I love the setting you chose for your indigo HSTs. Those indigo fabrics you dyed? They turned out fabulous!! Sorry that you weren't pleased with their color pick-up.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful!!! The back is most interesting.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's a very striking quilt and I'm sure whoever ends up with it will love both sides equally.

Debbie said...

So cool...love the indigo too! I think your backing is great....just because it is not what you usually see:)

Barb said...

great quilt and great quilting.
Love that backing fabric too wow very cool.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is just an awesome quilt all the way around!! LOVE your fabrics and the layout!!! Go you!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Both of those are great quilts.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely quilt Linda and the back is stunning with the results of your experimental dying!