Thursday, December 19, 2019

New Mystery Quilt done

     Alycia posted a new mystery quilt- A Winter Quilt Along, with each step supposedly taking one hour. Some of the steps were longer for me, especially since I had to do a lot of ripping as I sewed together parts wrong. Sometimes I am angle challenged, especially if the design is not symmetrical. 
     It started out with lots of HSTs. It was divided into three sections- top, bottom, middle. 
     The center section was last. When I laid it out, the center did not work for me. I thought the center should pull all the diagonals together and have some points, instead of a truncated star. 
Testing out the new design
     This meant I had to make more HSTs (half red, half blue) and leave off a few half red/white. 

Going to choose the red fabric
      I was happy with the result and choose the red fabric for a border. I won't be able to sew this on until after Christmas.

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Shh!!! Don't tell Alycia, but I really like the center of your quilt!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOOOVE IT!! Love the center change too!! it makes it so unique!!! Great job!!

Preeti said...

Looking good already. Have a holly jolly holiday season and a happy new year!!!

KatieQ said...

I really like the change you made. The red star looks perfect nestled in the midst of the blue diagonals.