Wednesday, November 27, 2019

All bricked in

     I finally finished the 2 x 4 quilt I call "Bricks". It is a fun and easy pattern. It can be found at https://cluckclucksew.com/2017/01/jelly-strip-stash-buster-quilt-and-tutorial.html  for free. I have made more than 1. This seemed perfect for a whole bunch of 2 1/2" batik strips I had cut up. The gray border is also batik. The binding is the stripe fabric I bought in Ohio a couple of weeks ago. Love those stripes. 
     My cat, the quilt assassin, was at it again when I laid the quilt out for photography, so I had to go outside. Luckily the weather was cooperative. His look says "I have no idea who dove into the quilt."  
      Quilted with Mocha Glide on top, DecoBob gray in the bobbin.

Detail

On the design wall inside
Back with label



6 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely quilt, I think this is such a versatile pattern. The way you have laid them out almost gives a sort of zig-zag pattern with the yellows.

Debbie said...

Love how this turned out! You did a great job matching up the strips and blending them into this wonderful fusion of color.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it turned out great!!! I like this style of quilt!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Such a pretty quilt (love that cat and his look). I made one of these and didn't like it but it was due to the fabrics (too pastel and not my usual vibe). I would do another at some point if I had a better group of fabrics to play with (I rarely buy jelly rolls so it would be scrappy from the stash).

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yes, that stripe was perfect for that quilt. Happy Thanksgiving!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome finish!!