Wednesday, November 6, 2019

A view from the opposite side

     The other side being Canada, just across from the photos I took last time from Fort Niagara. Last week Tuesday sounded like the last nice day for a long while, so my husband and I drove across to Canada and biked around Niagara-on-the-Lake, one of my favorite spots ever. The little town, founded in 1792, is so charming. It was just gorgeous that day. I was able to photograph the Fort from the Canada side and walk through the little park that has my lovely gazebo. So fortunate to do this. On Thursday, 60 mile an hour winds whipped through our area and ripped off all our beautiful fall leaves, so enjoy them here.
Looking through the yards of NOTL across the Niagara River to Fort Niagara, NY
 Fort Niagara that we toured a couple of weeks ago. Niagara River in front, Lake Ontario to the left and rear
Part of the Park
Part of the Park just an hour later
Right over the ridge is the River and then the American side







My favorite little gazebo. The equipment is fixing shoreline erosion caused by record high Lake Ontario waters that backspill into the Niagara River.

On the River shore of the Park. Great question, right?

4 comments:

Ann Maria said...

Thanks for high grading the content and recommending it too and do visit again for more..Gold stamping foil

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely photos - the rain and wind are starting to knock down our leaves here. The older oaks will hold theirs until late December/early January but the maples and others will be down before long.

Connie said...

Such a beautiful post . . . I love touring the country from my home office chair. That's where my budget and my dream of traveling can come together in harmony, LOL.
Thanks for allowing us to tag along.
Have a sweet day,
Connie :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photographs of your trip over to Canada. The colour on the trees is
breathtaking, I wish we had colour like that here. The pink house with that splendid door and surround - I would love to hav my place painted in those colours!!!