Thursday, October 10, 2019

The secret quilt revealed

     At the same time the quilt show work was being done, I was sewing the gift quilt for our president who served a three year term, on top of a previous 3 year term. We decided that since she loves novelty fabric, we would collect squares from members and make a polaroid style quilt. My co-chair, Elizabeth and I, designed, cut, pieced, and sewed the quilt. I quilted it. I could not show the process before because the president actually looks at my blog. So here it is. Enjoy it- she did after she got over the surprise.
One of the 2 1/2" squares- this is acutally pieced by Marian S.
Back pieced
Front pieced, quilted
Back, pieced, quilted
On display at show, next to folded quilt that was her present last term, not shown before.

9 comments:

Vilhelm man said...

Have A Warm Autumn!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Both quilts were wonderful gifts for her service to the Guild. LOVE them, as I'm sure she does, too!!

Debbie said...

This year's quilt is so fun! Absolutely love the design layout. No wonder you have been so stressed with all the behind the scenes work. Promise you will get some rest to recover :)

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a fabulous quilt design to feature special fabrics!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Marvelous gift quilt for the outgoing president -- personalized to her taste and so well conceived/completed.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great way to use novelty fabrics. Two nice quilts for her.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a great gift quilt!

Preeti said...

Of course she did. It is a lovely quilt and kudos to you for putting it together and keeping it a secret, which was more difficult :-)
A personalized quilt made by your guild mates is a good enough reason to serve as the president, in my opinion.

Jan said...

OMG! I LOVE this quilt. I feel so special that you made it for me. I lie under it and feel the love. I look at all the blocks (and the special book you made showing the fabric and who shared it) and tear up. You are the most FABULOUS quilter, Linda. I still say when I 'grow up' I want to be just like you! xoxoxoxox Thank you so much for all the thought and work that went into this. I will cherish it forever.