Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Finishes come slowly

     There is too much to do in so little time. I am sorting scraps and  cleaning out the backlog of them in my garage. Grand kid sitting, cardio rehab, and non-sewing duties quickly diminish available time. I have 4 baby quilts to do for Jack's Basket by next Sunday. Two are quilted, two are on the longarm. The Diagonal Variation quilt sat on the longarm for over a month and finally was done. All have striped bindings, done. The OBW octagons finally got a border, but needs quilting. My floral colorwash is still being tweaked on the design wall. I am not a good multi-tasker, so it goes slowly.

The sewing machine is a phony- it is a planter. I finally brought it back outside after winter.
It has a succulent planted in the tray.


Back
With border fabric, black on black octagons, couldn't resist

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

but it is good that you are taking care of you!!! The quilts will get done - and how sweet - Jacks basket will be full!! ;-)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Wonderful finishes! Finding time to sew is difficult at times - but even slow progress is progress - and better than no progress at all - LOL - ;))

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your OBW turned out great! Multi tasking seems harder than it used to -- so I'm trying not to do so much of it these days. Focus feels better.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a lot to handle all at one time. I think you are making great progress on your projects.

Debbie said...

With all you have going on, celebrate any progress and let the rest wait in line. The baby quilts are adorable.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cool planter. Lots of nice quilts. Those deadlines sometimes get to be too much.

Julie said...

I had to zoom in to see all your quilting on the EC quilt. I love it! And your border is really spot on. Neat to see the blocks float with it.