Thursday, April 4, 2019

Quilt Retreat = Lots Done

     People ask me why I go to quilt retreats. They say you have a sewing studio- isn't that enough? The truth of the matter is quilt retreats are focused times eliminating distractions and interruptions- 2 things necessary to complete work in a compressed time period. Also, it is fun to sew with others and see what others are making. Twenty guild women sewing who all get along. And someone else cooks and cleans up. And all the stuff left out for days with no guilt. What is not to love?
     I prep for the retreat when I clip a quilt into columns for assembling. I had three this year in bags and sewed all of them. I completed a bunch of new blocks. And I learned some new things, fixed a machine for someone and taught a label technique. The whole thing cost $205 for Thursday through Sunday, so I am calling it a win.
     The three tops were web assembled. When I got home, I found borders for two of them, the 2 x 4, 3 1/2" one was big enough on its own.
2 x 4 quilt with 3 1/2" wide pieces
2 x 4 quilt with 2 1/2" wide pieces
2 x 4 quilt gray batik border fabric chosen,
border will finish at 3"
MSQC Katie's Quilt
Border fabric chosen, border will finish at 3"

8 comments:

Joyce Carter said...

I love the patchwork with the Stars! That is so pretty.
Glad you had a great time at quilt retreat.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congrats on the accomplishments - I've never done a retreat and honestly don't have a great desire to do one despite the bonuses you listed. I like my own bed and my own ergo-friendly work set up in the studio ... and I don't like hurting when I use set ups that are not my size.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to see that you made SEW much progress!!!

Debbie said...

You were not distracted! It all looks great as you were in over drive for sure.

Gwen said...

Looks like you got a lot done! Love the batiks and the patchwork
star quilt is really fun!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like a fun time!! and look how much you got done!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow, you really made the most of your time on retreat - congratulations! The 2 x 4 quilts are addictive, I think there may be more in my future, especially love the first one Linda with all the blues, greens and aquas. Katies quilt is another one full of colour, have you decided how you're going to quilt this one?

berylthepearl said...

Is there a pattern for Katie’s Quilt? Look s like a great scrap quilt. Thanks