Thursday, June 21, 2018

Isn't June gorgeous?

     One thing I love about being a retired teacher is that I get to experience June. I am able to garden and literally smell the roses. This year, thankfully, gratefully, the back yard is getting put back together after last year's garage addition, tree removals, and wall destruction. The pond still needs replacing. The wall was all rebuilt, a columnar oak planted in place of the pine, a couple of tall arborvitae, and groomed. The front yard is blooming different things at various times, the way I like it. 
Last year
Today



Wall all fixed all around
      The deck is all adorned with flower containers which makes outdoor dining great.

     The front yard is sporting the first phlox, astilbe, the last of the foxglove, and other little gems.






7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

We have more flowers this year and our yard is in better shape - and both of us are retired and loving it. Enjoy those sweet smells of summer.

Debbie said...

Back yard and deck look wonderful! Love your additions and all the wonderful blooms around .

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad your backyard is finally coming together. That had to be a gigantic job to get it all done after the construction project. I love all of the pots of flowers. I usually do lots of pots too and cut back but I may do a few more as plants go on clearance.

Sarah said...

Your gardens are gorgeous!!!! Yesterday, I discovered, for the first time in 10 years, that “something” topped off one of my plants. I know the deer and rabbits are out there but they’ve left my plants alone for so long. No phlox this year....

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with everybody - your gardens are gorgeous!! - ;))

Mystic Quilter said...

Missed the garden post Linda - don't know how!! Looks like you're busy there and I just love your deck with all the colour filled pots.

Julie said...

I'm glad your garden is sorted. It's hard year to year with changes that don't get put right before the next. We're downsizing ours to reduce the work load, and that seems to be carrying over season to season. But the blooms keep us engaged, and happy to be out there. You have such a vibrant selection in your plot, but is that santolina sprawling in the last picture? Mine died out after nearly 25 years during a bitter cold winter, and I miss the smell as I brushed by it.