Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Trying to catch up

     Last week, I traveled to my daughter's home in Saagertown, PA (35 minutes south of Erie, PA), about a 2 1/2 hour trip from Buffalo, NY, to help her plant a flower garden in front of her house. For about 1 1/2 weeks, I have had a headache- not a migraine, but a neck, jaw, eyesocket throbber, so my posting and sewing are suffering. I see the TMJ doctor tomorrow.
     Here is the garden. I brought some of my perennials and we hit up Home Depot for some. I know it doesn't look full now, but we will add to it. We added bags of soil and compost as the base of it is clay.
Pregarden

Plants added/moved


An Endless Summer hydrangea I bought
     I also shopped there for some fabrics (Fox's Sew and Vac in Meadville). I needed an assortment of lights (I had the mediums and darks connected) for the king size quilt I am making for her and her husband. I cut the big sizes, and she laid out which ones she wants as anchors. I am adapting the pattern I used for the denim one.

6 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope you feel better soon. I've never enjoyed gardening.

Debbie said...

The new garden looks great! I know how much work it is to re-do and improve one. In 3 years she will have to pull stuff out as it will be so full! Hope the pain improves soon for you.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Next year the plants will be twice as big so it won't need a lot more plants. It is looking good right now.

I hope you can conquer your pain. It is hard to think of anything else when you are in pain.

Sarah said...

The garden looks perfect since we all know how quickly it will fill in and need thinning!! I hope the TMJ doc can help you quickly. When a "headache" affects everything you do it's frustrating.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hoping the TMJ doc can help - I've worn a sumo-wrestler version of a night guard for years now and it has helped SO much. Lucky daughter to have your help with what will be a gorgeous garden.

Mystic Quilter said...

It's amazing how quickly a garden can fill out with good plant growth. Now I hope the doc can help you.
Love the colour of the fabric laid out on the floor.