Today, I used mine to rapid assemble a quilt for the Gold Star camp happening in our area in July. Every new child gets a quilt to pick and take home. Almost at the last minute, my friends at Chasen Dreams who do all the quilting, found out there are 150 new kids. Yikes! So they asked for quilts quickly. I did not have time to plan and graph, etc., so I poked through my donated scrap boxes and found these animal panels. I thought I would set the bigger ones in the center.
Then, I looked for fabric that would read well with the animal images. I found lots of browns, animal skins, and even some scrap strips that someone sewed but discarded, that I made into piano keys.
The quilt needed to be bigger, so I kept adding until it was a good comfort quilt size. Luckily, I had some Ikea wide print for the back. So when Kris picked up the quilt for quilting, it was ready. I will get it back for the binding and label.