Thursday, August 21, 2014

Vintage Sewing Machine Purse

     I really, really love cloth purses. However, I am a bit 3D challenged in sewing. I was recommended at a quilt show to give the Barbados bag by Pink Sand Designs a try because the directions were clear. They were clear except for one small spot that had to do with the lining. I used the vintage sewing machine fabric I bought a little while ago. I have enough to make another purse I think. I love the zippers and pockets. I did use Soft and Stable instead of fusible fleece. I think fusible fleece is too flimsy for a purse. I have never liked the way it works out. The Soft and Stable helps it keep its shape and sit up. I am so enamored with it that I have not put my stuff in it and used it yet.
Back

Front

Top

Inside pockets

Cross body bag

2 comments:

Lara B. said...

It sure turned out great Linda! When you finally do use it, I bet you'll get a ton of compliments! Oh do carry it the next time you attend a quilt show!

granny cooper said...

Looks great! I'll be trying the Soft and Stable in my next bag project. Thanks for the tip.