Monday, April 1, 2013

New projects!

    I am not a seamstress. I never learned how to fit something 3D. I wish I could have. When my daughter was looking for bridesmaid presents, I suggested clutches with gift certificates inside. Then I found a great pattern (no zippers) from sewmamasew.com called Simple Party Clutch. I had a lot of false starts because I misinterpreted directions. We bought the home decor fabric on sale at Joanns. It uses heavy duty interfacing and regular iron on interfacing as well as magnetic snaps. Because I am a quilter, working on small 3D shapes was a challenge. But, I did get them done. I sewed them flawlessly on my new vintage Singer 301 from Elizabeth, http://www.sewingmachinemagic.com.




  Also, I sewed a quilt called Arcadia, mountainpeekcreations.com  for a baby shower for a girl to be named Lydia. The purple sashing is for her namesake- Lydia in the book of Acts was a dealer in purple cloth. It is pin basted and I am going to quilt big flowers. This was also sewed on my new 301 with its flawless stitches.
Pin basted

On the Design Wall

No comments: