Saturday, October 21, 2017

Two for further progress

     The two quilts I worked on in Bonnie Hunter's workshops are nowhere near finished. I did get all 20 blocks for Pineapple Blossom done, but I have decided to add sashing. I was going to make it bigger using 36 blocks, but I think I just want it done.
Just blocks

Needs cornerstones (neutrals)
     Not as much progress on Texas Braid as the pieces are smaller and not as much chain sewing. We did sew two of the same facing rows as leader/enders and then after lunch alternated sewing the other facing row ones. Just takes longer.
     Someone for show and share brought these two Scrappy Trips, big and small, that I absolutely fell in love with- still after a week!


7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The Pineapple blocks look good with sashing. I did a lot of braid sewing back in the early 1990s and it does go slower. I did one king size quilt but cut my strips wider so it would go faster.

Vicki W said...

Bonnie really is a genius at designing scrap quilts. I remember a couple of years ago when everyone was making the quilt in fhe last 2 photos. I love them.

Anonymous said...

I've been contemplating a scrappy trip quilt myself--it is about 3 years out, though.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think your scrappy sashing is the perfect way to enlarge your Pineapple Blossom without having to make more blocks. Love your Texas Braid and those Scrappy Trips, too!!

Debbie said...

The sashing looks good for the pineapple blossoms. I got tired of making them after 20 blocks too.....but then I was going for a smaller size.
Do you want the braid bigger....work on it a bit at a time if you do. Otherwise, turn it into a throw to wall hanging. I love the braid quilts. The scrappy trips looks good in any size. It's an easy technique too. I think you did great for both classes....a whole lot of prep and work.

Sarah said...

Wow - the sashing teally does change the pineapple blocks. Great idea! Could the braid be your leader/ender? Or do u just want it dine? Great blue for the center/cornerstone.

Julie said...

Lovely pineapple blocks! I think the cornerstones are going to really finish it well. I'm also in mid-progress of a Texas braid in Christmas fabric. Not so scrappy as a typical Bonnie Hunter, but still perfect to hit the stash for. She does make it all fun, I think. Thanks for showing and sharing.