Sunday, June 25, 2017

Further along the kaleidoscope

     Finally, I finished arranging the Organized Chaos quilt on the wall and took it down. I cut 9" freezer paper squares and ironed all the corner pieces and the sewn centers to a numbered sheet. Since it is so complicated, I am sewing the blocks into large 9 patches, then assembling the whole quilt. Although I was very careful cutting and sewing the seams, I had to trim off a bit to make them even after I sewed the corners on. Instead of being 8 1/2" unfinished, I had to go with 8 1/4", so the finished blocks will be smaller.
Final layout on wall
Ironing on 9" freezer paper and numbering each block.
All the pieces will stay together until I sew them. 
I am sewing the blocks into 9 patches to handle the seams
easier as they are fussy joins.


5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is just gorgeous - and I'm making a note of your freezer paper method for when I make mine next year. Congratulations for getting to this point!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love busy quilts! You have a wonderful assortment of both colors and prints in this one.

Debbie said...

Wonderful....the layout is a fabulous mind blowing journey in color. Great idea to deal with it in 9 block sections!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Wouldn't that be easier if it was paper pieced? It looks really nice.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful Linda, you must be so happy with this quilt!!