Monday, March 11, 2024

Maggie Pearl progress

      I took strip pairs to the retreat that were pulled from my stash to make the Maggie Pearl free pattern I saw other blog friends make. Each set of strips makes one block. I sewed all the strips and subcut them, sewing again, and then tried to arrange them in a coherent way.



     Finally, I found a layout and sewed the entire quilt using the webbing technique.

     However, when I got home, I realized that the quilt was too narrow. I dug around and found 5 more sets to sew after auditioning them to the left side.
     After completing those blocks, I finished the top and like it much better for a comfort quilt.

4 comments:

Jeanna said...

That is a perfect retreat project, Linda. It turned out beautifully.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Very pretty! I love any quilt with the checkerboard layout. I guess that is why I have made so many 16 patch quilts.

Vicki W said...

That's going to be a beautiful comfort quilt!

Mystic Quilter said...

I do like your colours here, I made one , I think last year, wasn't happy with my colour selection though, may have to make another!!!