Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving!

      Happy Thanksgiving to all who read this! I am so grateful that you take the time to read and am so thankful for those who have become friends through reading my blog.

      I am behind writing and posting and I will post after the holiday more. I have been taking photos and marking what needs to be posted, it is just hard for me to find the time, energy and ability to write. Last weekend, I dodged the big Buffalo snow by attending a quilt retreat, Thurs. to Sun., north of Niagara Falls. For the past 5 weeks, my husband has been laying hardwood floors in our bedroom and my daughter's old one as well as painting. That means that furniture was everywhere else. I took on a project way too big for me and have been scrambling for help and sewing like a mad woman. Last week, I lost my best sewing room companion, Tugger the cat, and am teary a lot. 

     So to wish you all Happy Thanksgiving, I am showing you some of my Christmas cactus blooming at Thanksgiving. They are all jammed in one window due to above mentioned house disruptions. Enjoy. Thank you!






A new one I found at Trader Joes!

9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Wow your cacti are huge! Mine grow slowly and I only have one anywhere near as large as yours. They are beautiful.

Anne Kirby said...

Your cacti are beautiful!!! Happy Thanksgiving!! And please accept my sympathy on the loss of your kitty. I have 3 elderly cats and that day is coming for me. Take care.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hug regarding the loss of Tugger. Your cactus are amazing!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Your cacti are beautiful!
SO sorry to hear about Tugger -
Hugs, Kitty

Sally Trude said...

Happy Thanksgiving.
I am so sorry for your loss of Tugger…their is such a strong physical loss that comes from their constant proximity.
Take good care of yourself.

Pat McDonald said...

Hope you enjoyed Thanksgiving Dinner. Your Cacti are Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your kitty companion - it is a terribly hard adjustment even when we know that they are only brighten our lives for a short while. Lovely cactus blooms - it looks like I have one (1) flower bud coming on about 6 plants so clearly I need to do something different. Send them to the compost and start over perhaps.

ceci

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What beautiful cacti!!
I am so sorry you hear of Tugger the cat - sending you big hugs!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm so pleased to see you back Linda but sad to read that you lost Tugger, not surprising that you are teary a lot, these little friends are part of the family and the loss is heart breaking. Thinking of you.