Thursday, March 18, 2021

More at retreat

     One of the perks having a retreat at Stella Niagara is to be able to walk outside on the grounds. The complex sits above the Niagara River just north of Lewiston, NY. When you look across the river, you see the Parkway in Canada, which is as close as I have been to Canada in over a year. You can walk down right to the river edge across a wild meadow. Most of the US shoreline is cliffs along here, so it is rare to walk to the shoreline. The British crossed here during the War of 1812 from Canada.
     It was a sunny day, but there was a huge cloud lingering above us making too much shade.

The chapel sits on the shore, Canada is across the river.

The main Stella Niagara campus

Closer to the chapel, Niagara River behind, Canada across

     I was able to finish some hearts for Deanna's daughter's wedding quilt (Sparkle Jane) that I mailed yesterday.


      I usually teach a fun project to build up our companionship. I found a tutorial for quilted 45 records. Here are our attempts.


     As we work, we display our finishes on the railing on the ramp. Our goal is to fill it before the time is over.



     I am so grateful for the time I had and the women that worked together.
 

5 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Beautiful pics. I especially love the little old church near the shore. The 45 records are a cute idea. I love the fill the railing goal. Such relaxing fun with friends! I'm so happy you got to enjoy this. You deserve it.

Gene Black said...

How lovely to have a retreat in such a picturesque setting. The rail full of quilts is inspiring also.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like a great space, Linda. I hope you will share more about your 45 project. SEW fun!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a beautiful spot !! you got some great scenery and great companionship!! awesome!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a beautiful setting Linda, perfect for getting into the fresh air and exercising.