Saturday, September 7, 2019

Layered leaves, Fractured landscape, done and up

     One of my pieces in the Fox Run show is the Layered Leaves hanging, 24" x 30".  It is discharged black fabric, applique leaves (no fusible or raw edge), quilted by machine and hand, and bound. I used Superior's Twist thread for quilting and perle cotton for the hand stitching. 
     Another piece, Fractured Landscape, was made from leftovovers  in my other landscape, Summer Wonder. I sewed the pieced squares to heavy weight interfacing and zig zagged the edges with the Bernina 830. I glued the squares to smaller sized matboard and then glued them to a 10" x 10" wooden pallet (coupon at Joanns) I whitewashed.
Again, the colors are off- the blues are too acid and the greens are too dark. I took the photo outside, but it didn't help.

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lovely - both of them.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your binding choice with the dots repeating the splatter shapes. The whitewashed wood was perfect as a backdrop for the little landscape pieces.

I have tried taking photos from different distances and the colors change in them. Sometimes the more distance shot is the best color and then I crop the photo.

Debbie said...

Very cool! The leaves look great as a finished project. And I love the fractured landscape on the pallet.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Both amazing! Is this with your new camera? Have you checked what you have the lighting set at?( Like ourddors/floruescent/Tungsten) ( That's all my knowledge.. your welcome ha ha ha)

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice finishes Linda, and we all have times when we photograph our pieces and the don't turn out true, very frustrating. I like how you whitewashed the board to mount your squares, excellent idea.
By the way, I spy a wool pressing mat in your previous post, what are you thoughts on these, I'm considering buying one.

photo retouching said...

This is awesome i really appreciate your post. Really the leaves look great. Love it.

drop shadow in photoshop said...

I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it’s are to see a great blog like this one today