I found some Kona red that sort of matched, washed it, and hand stitched it on. I sort of fixed some of the undone spots and added red to the borders to even it out. From being hand pieced and handled, it was a bit wonky. I bought wide back cream for the backing so there would be no additional seams and it would not take away from the front of the quilt. I used all cotton batting which I usually use 80/20. I thought the time period needed it. I quilted it with Glide cream and red thread. I used a sort of modern print dark blue for the binding and sewed on a cream sleeve for hanging. It is about 72" x 86".
Today I delivered it to her hair salon and now it is done and I can breather easier. It was a cute quilt that had lots of wonkiness. It is done.
Kevin the Quilter has done an exquisite job on a new Tree of Life as an anniversary present if you check out his post.
|Back, hard to see|