Saturday, July 28, 2018

Needed inspiration

     I consider myself extremely blessed to be living around Buffalo, NY. The landscape, lake, sky, terrain I think are all wonderful, changing, and nearby. At the cottage in Angola, I got one good sunset in. The other night it stormed and I did not want to photo lighting over the lake and run.
    The clouds constantly changed and made openings for the sun. It was very warm, but gorgeous. If only I could turn these into sumptuous quilts.



















4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Magnificent sunset (photos!!!)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful photos --but from where I sit, I"m not sure they need to be turned into a quilt . . . sunsets are fleeting and precious and meant to be savored in the moment. I'm not sure even the most skilled of us could capture the special feeling they elicit in fabric. (just my own opinion)

Mystic Quilter said...

Glorious sunset photos Linda, and I do agree with the wise words from Julie.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely photos. When I was in junior high, we lived at the lake. The electrical storms over the lake were stunning! The whole back of the house was windows, so that we had the view, but, were safe inside.