Sunday, January 1, 2017

Cover for the baker

     My mother was hounding me to make a cover for my daughter's Kitchen Aid mixer as she has a new kitchen. I don't sew 3D real well, so I was hesitant. I found a nice and free pattern online http://sewing.about.com/od/homedecprojects/ss/Free-Pattern-And-Directions-To-Sew-Your-Own-Stand-Mixer-Or-Blender-Cover.htm#step1 and used some special fabric I was saving. It will match her granite top. I made a lining for it and checked the sizing with that. I did not use a piping (too tough for me). Then, I sewed it all together. By using a lining, I did not have to put bias tape on the bottom. I am showing it here on my sewing machine, as I am a quilter and not a baker. She took it home with her and hopefully, she will like it.
UPDATE: Daughter has the PROfessional Kitchen Aid which is three inches taller than the normal ones, so it doesn't fit. Guess who has to do it all over again.

That's not a mixer!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, dang, couldn't she just whack off 3 inches of the stand...lol. Mom's try so hard to satisfy daughters. Maybe you can hack off the bottom and add coordinating fabric to make it taller. Or just use it as a machine cover since it works.

Missy Shay said...

Maybe you could add a three inch ruffle to make it fit?

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It sure look cute on your 301!

Barb said...

welll it made a great sewing machine cover. The instructions should suggest measuring the height.

Peg said...

Wow, Great Fabric! Do you really have to do it ALL over again? How about making a 3 inch bottom cuff with the same fabric or black (or a combo of both). Seems like that would be a really quick fix and the cover would still be very attractive.

Elizabeth said...

LOVE! As soon as I can sit I am getting back to sewing!