Monday, September 26, 2016
Block Swaps, all sewn!
I try to participate in at least one block swap per year. It forces me out of a comfort zone and it is neat to get back different blocks. Last year I did bow ties with Barb Vedder. This year, again with Barb, I made broken dishes blocks. We had to use only solids, one red and another choice. I made two sets of 30. I used my Accuquilt Studio die to cut the triangles. It blunts the points and then there is no trimming. They are going in the mail hopefully tomorrow.
This year, I made Batik Star blocks with the Treadle on group. We had to make a 12.5" block with batiks, sewn on a treadle (mine is a 1910 Singer 15). I used made fabric as the centers. I did the flying geese with the Easy Angle ruler and the Companion Angle ruler. I love these rulers as there is no trimming when sewn. We had to make 12 for the swap but I made twenty because I am going to make a comfort quilt with the blocks I receive and the extra ones I made. They went in the mail today.