Thursday, March 16, 2017

Starstruck!

     I finally finished trimming (Bloc Loc Rocks!) all the HSTs made from an indigo layer cake I fell for on MSQC. There were 42 blue and white paired blocks, sewn around all 4 edges and then cut diagonally across twice. Then the trimming. It is well worth the time.
     Then, I pulled out a quilt pattern I have been dying to make- Starburst. However, I had so many HSTs and did not want to make one huge quilt, so I made two for comfort quilts. I think they will need a border and the asymmetrical one is missing 2 blocks, so I have to scare up some indigo color to make the last two. I just love, love indigo. These two do not seem like too many to me!



4 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful! love the indigo too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Very pretty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I absolutely LOVE that you changed up Sarah's pattern to make that 2nd quilt your own!! Both quilts are quite stunning.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That would be a great way to use my HST's from Treadle On block exchanges. More HST's will be arriving this year.