Friday, February 17, 2017

More squares exploding

      Another in the series of exploding squares I have made. They make great use of scraps and are wonderful comfort quilts. The last one shown has already gone to comfort. This quilt was started with 2- 4" squares, then 5's and then so one. I did do a tutorial on this pattern a while ago on Confessions of a Fabric Addict
      It needed a border. All the quilting is done free hand on my Nolting long arm, although I do use some chalk marks to keep myself on reasonable track. I take all responsibility for the wobbly lines. 



Back detail
Back


8 comments:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Love the colors in this! What a wonderful quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely fabric for the backing, and I love your exploding squares done scrappy.

Lynn said...

How wonderful and inspiring. I'm currently using this pattern to make a secret friendship quilt for a friend's big 0 birthday coming up in a couple of months. Still waiting for some squares to come back in. Hope I can get as pleasing a result as yours - beautiful. Love your quilting.

Debbie said...

I thought you planned those wobbly lines on this lovely quilt. :)
You have a great eye for this block and you put it together so well. The back is a beuty too....love that fabric.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful - both the quilt and the quilting!

Missy Shay said...

Your quilt turned out great!

Sarah said...

Such a fantastic, scrappy quilt. I'm off to have a looksee at your tutorial - if i make a few blocks it might get me out of some house work today. LOL.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice finish!