Friday, December 28, 2018

Eeking out some work

     Due to the whole Christmas season, with family staying over, meals, presents, traveling to relatives, cooking, and small children, I have been tired and unable to focus. 
The tree with the kids plus presents minus the baby.
     All I was able to accomplish was sewing up the last 2 x 4 blocks and getting them on the wall.  They were full WOF 3 1/2" Wide, not the 2 1/2" usual,  and then sewn in pairs. The tutorial is online.
     My mom sewed the pairs as she can sew straightish and it gave her something to do. Then I finished the rest. Blocks are 10" x 12 1/2" unfinished.
     It does need rearranging before sewing, but it is a start.

     Because of an alert by Deb from her Stitchintherapy blog,  I found florals for my collection on sale at Connecting Threads and added a bunch of fat quarters for such a deal.
     Other than the above, not much else happened in my quilting world, which I hope to change starting tomorrow.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Floral heaven....I am jealous! Looks like you had a full house and wonderful Christmas.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have a couple of the two by four quilts on the list for the coming year - one as a super scrappy and one in holiday fabrics. Time will tell!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Beautiful floral prints! It makes me want to open my big bin of them and start playing.

I like the 2 x 4 quilt and it looks like you could use any size strip you want and just adjust the cut size of the rectangle.

Mystic Quilter said...

I do sympathise with your Linda on the subject of being tired and unable to focus!! The 2 x 4 blocks are so quick to sew aren't they, before you know it you have a quilt top! I love the photo of two of your grandchildren, they picked a good spot!! Lucky you for scoring that collection of florals.