Friday, November 16, 2018

Technically Marvelous at Festival

      I will never be able to make anything like these quilts, but these artists can. My mouth was wide open so much, I had to chug water all week. I did not take pictures of nearly everything, some I wish I had. This gives you a flavor. I did not photo the bling bling top quilt as I think there enough photos of it out there.
Detail
The Blue Willow is special to me because I used to read the stories and help my students make interpretations of their own Blue Willow in clay. We would paint with underglases and I would fire them. To make one in fabric is phenomenal.


The book of Kells in fabric and thread, awesome.

Close up. Can you believe it?
A bit hard to see, but it is a large lace doily look. The lighting was not super at the show.


4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the lighting is always a problem at the big shows but I guess they are doing their best to have lights in the right places.

Barb said...

Absolutely remarkable quilts! Thanks for the detailed photos.

Debbie said...

I am catching up.....have to say the quilts from yesterday were pure delight for me to enjoy. Today's share just goes over the top....the beautiful detail and designed to astound. Thanks for letting us view and enjoy.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Playing catch up on my blog reading. Loving the quilt photos.