Tuesday, September 18, 2018

All in except borders

     I sewed together the quilt that has disappointed. With the seam allowance the distance is closer between the black diamond points- it has improved slightly. I am thinking of putting a 2" border (finished) of the same white green grid fabric, a skinny black, and not sure for the last border. I auditioned floral squares and the same background again, just not sure how much more fabric/color/texture to throw at this. I don't want a floral border overwhelming the other florals. Undecided.

Closeup
 

4 comments:

Debbie said...

You might be disappointed but I like it! Once the dark strip and then light border are on, I think it will float:)

Quiltdivajulie said...

It looks so much better with the blocks sewn together -- take your time and audition lots of options for your borders. I agree that it needs some breathing space and then something to brighten the black. You'll find the right mix - I know you will.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like it.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You may be disappointed - but it really did turn out quite nice!! I see an outer row completing the side floral blocks with a floral "bar" where the inner black points would be and a background "bar" on the outside - does that make sense? - ;))