Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Lots of trys

     One thing I cannot show that has taken much time is the mystery quilt I designed for our guild. I have most of it sewn but the border and I can't show it in case some guild member looks at my blog. It uses green and blue batiks and a white on white print. I have to tweak the last clues and type them out. They get the next clue in September. By then they should have everything cut. 
     I have been adding to the quarter floral log cabin and it is growing slowly.

     There are scraps from my last OBW and I tried them in a wonky star, but I think it is too much. I am trying to sew them in 2 corners of white squares to make a butterfly effect next. The scraps are too beautiful to throw out, but a weird shape.
     I don't often buy kits, but I saw this at Fort Worth Studio for under $50 with gorgeous fabric and the Big Star pattern from Hunter Studio. I was so surprised to see the super cool way it was sent- plastic bagged with a treat of lemonade, guitar buttons and a thank you! Makes me glad I bought it!

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

If I have your email, I will answer your comments.

Debbie said...

Oh.....love the floral log cabin blocks. Just beautiful!!!
The OBW fabric needs more help in the wonky star....a darker background maybe? Or a black and white print...something. It could be great with a switch.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

It is always hard when we can't show things we are working on.