Tuesday, March 13, 2018

OBW shuffling and shuffling...

     I had started another One Block Wonder a while back, this was the fabric.

 I finished the blocks at the retreat. I grouped them loosely in similar piles on the ironing board at home before putting them on the design wall.


     I have messed around with the layout for 4 days. I took maybe 20 photos. I think I am close but it doesn't scream ready. I wanted the red to flow across the middle. There was a lot more orange and other colors than I thought. It does not at all look like I thought it would when sewing.




After lots of shuffles, still doesn't grab me

4 comments:

Debbie said...

See what you mean. Love the fabric you started with. You have much more yellow and orange tone. Did you do orange at the bottom yet? Probably already tried it all.
I only did one of these, hated the result, gave it a toss to someone else. So I am no help:)

Kevin the Quilter said...

This is going to be stellar!

Mystic Quilter said...

Yes, I think Debbie has it, the yellow and orange id pretty dominant. I do love the way you have the swish of red across the quilt though, I should imagine these take quite a lot of placing and re-placing to get exactly the effect you're looking for. I bought a lot of fabric to make one of the OBW quilts but chickened out!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Very pretty! Have you tried putting the red at the bottom right - then the orange above that - then the yellow and green up toward the top? I tend to like the darker color(s) on the bottom of a piece - but then again - it's probably just me - ;))