Friday, March 16, 2018

Did it get there yet?

     Over the past couple of days, I have moved every block of the OBW multiple times. Quite sick of it, but I did not want to take it down and throw it in a box. I want it done. I realize that the fabric, although it looked promising has some issues when cut and assembled in tone similarities and tones. I refuse to give up. I decided to do away with the swath of red and put it more center and swirl the other colors around it- the oranges and blues and then have yellow top and bottom. I think it works. I will leave it on the wall another day, and then evaluate again. Otherwise, it is getting sewn up.
Last iteration of the red swath
 
Hope, hope this is it


7 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, much better with the cluster and letting the color work itself out. Call it ready now :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think you are ready to sew. It looks good.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sew it up and call it done!! The new layout looks good.

Barb said...

been there! your OBW looks great. It is hard to know when it's set isn't it?

Mystic Quilter said...

Definitely a good layout now, get on to the machine!!

Julie said...

There's never one good option. This was works well. I'd be content with it. Sew.

Christina said...

The second layout looks much better and gives your eye a place to rest. I hope you were able to get it sewn together without changing anything else.