Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Sometimes you have to dig in

     In catching up reading blog posts, I read Carole's and was struck by her request for blocks to make quilts for those affected by the California wildfires. The pattern looked simple and I have lots of precut 5" squares from scraps, so I considered and thought, I would go for it and make 30 so she could make a whole quilt. She is providing the quilting, batting, and backing (I will see if I can scare some up big enough). How incredibly brave and generous she is. It whacked me on the head and said just go ahead and sew on. 
     I used the Accuquilt to cut the HSTs, which made things more accurate and quick. I dug through all the 5" squares and found enough, cutting a few more neutrals from scraps. Soon, it was all cut out. I layout the block on cardboard pieces, and then sew the nine patch web style. Lastly, I sew the two long seams for the rows. I usually leader-ender the next block so I am continually piecing the blocks. I had two done to start, but have only 10 to go.
Box of parts


1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice work!! I'm sure that your contribution will be appreciated.