Friday, December 1, 2017

Painting Memories

     Besides being a quilter, I am also a watercolor painter. I keep going to classes to push myself further, and hopefully, improve. I love to paint flowers, landscapes and people in just the right pose and mood. I persuaded (bribed) my granddaughter, Jolene, to sit for this photo. I wanted to contrast her youth with the vintage machine and quilting melding them with a sense of creative joy. Watercolor paintings are hard to photo because of all the subtleness, but here she is- Jolene and the Singer 15 Tiffany decal parlor cabinet treadle.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful. Amazing, striking, serene, and a treasure.

Missy Shay said...

Beautiful!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Wonderful painting. Such a keepsake.